Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Super Smash Bros 3DS Release!

The new Super Smash Bros, currently being released for the Nintendo 3ds, is planned to be released on October 3, 2014. It won't be long before it's meant to come out to the U.S and Europe. For Japan the release date was September 13. But of course translating takes a while.
The first Super Smash Bros was originally released for the Nintendo 64 in 1999. The game was a big hit with the crowd and Nintendo soon followed it up by releasing Super Smash Bros. Melee in 2001 for the Nintendo GameCube. Once again the fans loved it and it soon became the best selling game on the system.
Since the latest release of the SSB games there has been a lack of new characters, but Nintendo's really hitting us hard with this one.


The game has a lot of new characters, some we've never seen before, and others that were top hits in other games. Some newcomers to the game are Robin (Fire Emblem Awakening, 3DS),
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles, Wii), and Pac-man
 (I think we know which game hese from).
There are a few more Newcomers, but I'm sure
you guys would rather play the Demo instead of
listen to me babble on about the awesome features
 this game packs into a small game cartridge.
You can download the SSB Demo on the 3ds
app store. You do get a 30 play limit on how many
times you can play it, and Nintendo really limits
 what you can do, 4-5 characters are available
for Demo play and one map. But who cares?
It's new, it's awesome, It's Super Smash Bros for 3DS!

I know there are a lot of people who are falling head over heels for this game, and I don't blame you, but after playing all of the previous SSB games I honestly don't think they changed much. It's basically just reformatted so you can play it wherever you want and not only on your couch at home. Yea they added a LOT of new characters, but there's a few of them that are pretty random. For example, Mii Fighters I can sorta understand why they decided to add them but not entirely because I don't really know what game(s) they are from, yes there are a lot of games that involve the Mii's, but specifically Mii fighters. The next is Pac-Man I feel he was a last minute "one more character" thing going on at Nintendo, they probably spent 10 hours trying to decide whether they should add him or not and in the end they decided not to, then someone went ahead and added him just because "What could it hurt?" But the one I really have a problem with is the Wii Fit Trainer... I don't even know who that is, or why she is significant to the game at all. And I'm a veteran to Nintendo of 5 years knowing and owning most of the popular games for 3ds, Wii, and N64. Tell me in the comments what you guys think are going to be the worst characters, and if you agree with me on the characters I stated.

If you'd like to see some awesome game play by selected characters check out Nintendos official SSB site:
http://www.smashbros.com/us/#CharacterList

Thanks for reading, don't forget to leave comments, and stay awesome my friends.
-Quix

No comments:

Post a Comment